White Solo

The work of AK.

25.1.06

Stars Came Falling

Stars Came Falling
- AK

Oh, we couldn't bring the columns down.
Yeah, we couldn't destroy a single one.
And history books forgot about us
And the bible didn't mention us, not even once.
- Regina Spektor, "Samson"

"They're just old light,"
I sing, the sustain pedal to the floor,
fingers finding keys like they
have been my entire life.
He sits behind me, hearing
for the first time a created history
out of one instrument.

"The stars came falling on our heads,"
I sing, hitting white instead of black,
unwanted tension, every note more difficult.
He mentioned my jacket,
my jeans, my shirt, the things
he had taught me all too briefly.

"I loved you first,"
I sing, fingers stop,
pedal down, sustaining,
dying at a rate unseen.
We talk of what was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home